Sending out best wishes to Linda, who brings all of us together for One-Liner Wednesday, Stream of Consciousness Saturday, and Just Jot It January and delights and entertains us with her other blog posts, fiction, and books! She had a bit of a health scare earlier in the week but was able to get to prompt care, thanks to the Canadian health care system.
She is doing better, although dealing with some of the aftermath and waiting for test results to determine if further treatment is required. Let’s all send out good thoughts, prayers, and/or positive energy to Linda, who is intrepidly continuing with Just Jot It January in the midst of it all!
Join us for Linda’s Just Jot It January! Find out more here:
Regular visitors here at Top of JC’s Mind know that life has been challenging for me for a number of months and that I haven’t been keeping up with visiting and commenting on other WordPress blogs as I used to. I haven’t visited my blog’s email inbox in a long time, but there are a few non-WordPress blogs that send notification to my personal email, which is how I saw this post from Eclectic Evelyn. So, I am participating in answering a series of summertime questions to link to her blog (and to have a post that doesn’t involve a lot of brainpower, which is in short supply).
The questions and my answers:
1. Favorite animal? chickadees
2. Wine or beer? neither, although I very occasionally drink a hard cider
3. Socks on/off while sleeping? off
4. One piece or two piece bathing suit? one, although I haven’t had a bathing suit on in years
5. Cooking at home or eating out? usually cooking at home, although I love eating out
6. Pepsi or Coke? neither, as medical issues make sodas unwise for me
7. Regular or electric toothbrush? regular
8. Candy or chocolate? I love chocolate, but am not eating it these days (see #6), so candy
9. Coffee or tea? I never do coffee or black tea, but once in a great while will do an herbal tea (also related to #6)
10. Music or talk radio? talk, but only on public radio which involves no screaming or name-calling
11. Chick flick, action movie or documentary? documentary
12. Regular or mechanical pencil? mechanical, so that it doesn’t dull
13. Swimming or laying out? neither, as I prefer to be indoors
14. Dog or cat? dog, although we can’t have house animals due to allergies (and that I don’t need another being to take care of)
15. What do you drive? SUV, van or sedan? I drive a minivan and our fun, fully-electric Chevy Bolt
16. Early bird catches the worm or night owl? unfortunately, both, because, insomnia….
17. If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life what would it be? pasta
18. While sleeping: Phone in room by your side or phone in another room? cellphone in another room with landline in the bedroom in case of emergency
19. Singing in the shower, yes or no? I do sing, including 35 years with the Binghamton University Chorus, but I don’t sing in the shower
20. Oreo cookies, Eat whole? Take apart and/or dunk? I haven’t had an Oreo in years. As I kid, I used to take apart; not a fan of dunking.
So, there you have it! Please visit Evelyn. If you would like to answer the questions yourself, she has a handy list in her post ready to copy and paste.
Janice at Mostly Blogging is hosting a blog party! It’s a great opportunity to meet and greet other bloggers. Check it out!
One of the first bloggers to follow me was Jason Cushman who blogs as Opinionated Man (OM) at HarsH ReaLiTy. He has put in tons of work to powerblog his way to over 50,000 followers and 1,000,000 views in less than two years. He is also very helpful to the blogging community and I’ve been honored to have been re-blogged by him on a few occasions. I’ve also found a number of blogs that I follow through visiting people who comment on his posts, which in turn led me to other blogs to follow. I follow OM by daily email, so I am generally at least a day late getting to his posts This one: http://aopinionatedman.com/2014/12/26/a-blogger-evolution/ on his evolution as a blogger made me think about my own history as a blogger. I wrote the comment below and decided I wanted to share his link and my comment here at Top of JC”s Mind.
“Thanks for the thoughtful post. I have been blogging even less time than you have, but see my own evolution, albeit with totally different scale and issues from yours. Fortunately, I am neither angry nor frustrated. I am overwhelmed, although that has to do more with the rest of my life than with my blog, which needs to stay small and intimate for the time being. Thanks to you, I know how to grow it when the time is right for me. I’m not sure when that will be, other than not anytime soon, due to my own choices of priorities. And, if that time never comes, I have already accomplished my most important blogging goal, which was to actually be able to write about varied topics on a consistent basis. That I have been able to reach some other people with my words is a bonus. I truly appreciate the small group of regular readers that I have.”
Joanne at Top of JC’s Mind